In today’s episode 27, “Private Equity & VC Money in Accounting: Isaac Heller.”
You can also watch this on youtube here: https://youtu.be/KUPfSnzIxyk
Isaac Heller is the Co-founder and CEO of Trullion, an AI-powered SaaS platform that automates financial workflows for CFOs, accountants, and auditors. Trullion unifies the unstructured and structured worlds of accounting by reading PDFs and Excel documents and translating them into financial workflows, such as Lease Accounting and Revenue Recognition.
Isaac has an extensive background in finance & software, including a 2014 IPO with Sabre Holdings. His experience with accounting regulatory changes has helped drive successful partnerships with financial leaders, from CFOs to modern accounting firms.
Key areas covered in this episode include:
1. Why are venture capitalists investing in accounting software currently?
2. Is the recession sparking investors to re-evaluate where they put their funding? Why accounting and fintech?
3. How does fintech help companies flourish during challenging times?
4. Are investors looking to invest in companies that provide data that drives better business decisions more so than previously? Why?
5. Do you have examples of recent VCs investing in accounting and fintech or data to prove the increase?
6. How do you see the future of the accounting and fintech market?
7. Who are your investors? And why did they invest in you?
8. What are investors specifically looking for in a fintech company before they decide to make an investment?
Originally hailing from Texas, Isaac holds a BA from the University of Texas @ Austin and an MBA from the University of Texas @ Dallas. He lives between New York and Israel and enjoys spending time with his wife and children.
A reminder of 5 great shows in the Accounting Influencers Podcast Network:
❶ Success in Accounting – MONDAYS. Our flagship main show features panels, live interviews and replays of our most popular shows.
❷ Insights in Accounting – TUESDAYS. The best news, analysis, commercial awareness, news under microscope, podcast mentions and recommendations.
❸ Influencers in Accounting – WEDNESDAYS. Deep dive 1-1 interviews with leaders, experts, influencers from around the world.
❹ Best Practice in Accounting – THURSDAYS. Practice development, growth, management, consulting, examples, stories and practical here’s what works stuff for accountants, bookkeepers and the fintech/software people who serve them.
❺ UK Matters in Accounting – FRIDAYS. A UK focused show featuring UK related topics, news items, events and interviews.
All on your preferred podcast app, platform or channel. Thanks for subscribing, sharing and listening!
Main show website. For access to every single show with full shownotes: https://accountinginfluencers.com/podcast
For announcements of published shows, tagging guest so you can build your network and offer feedback on the show: https://www.linkedin.com/company/accountinginfluencers
For videos of all podcast interviews and bonus video content: https://bit.ly/AI-youtube