It’s the “Best Practice in Accounting” show, every Thursday to 150 countries and 30,000 accounting practitioners, fintech specialists and influencers in the accountancy, CPA and bookkeeping space.
In today’s episode 17, “What Soccer Can Teach Accountants About Leadership” with special guest Carl Reader, founder of d&t accountants and bestselling author of BOSS IT. https://www.linkedin.com/in/carlreader
You can also watch this on youtube here: https://youtu.be/fIbKSdn7ybg
Key takeaways from this episode include:
the comparisons on leadership with accounting practices and professional sports clubs
the most important job for a leader in any business, including accountancy firms
the trust required to delegate tasks as an accounting leader to people that may not be as good as you
the impact of desire and ego in assigning roles in a professional firm or sports club
why the leader should not actually the hero in the story of a professional organisation
what it looks like when a leader’s laziness is bigger than their ego
shout out to Hungerford FC and Southend United soccer clubs in the UK
what £1000 moments and £1m ideas look like for leaders in accounting practices in delivering big benefits
what bad leadership looks like and what happens to organisations with poor leadership
practical tips for ‘wannabe’ leaders to channel their ambition in the accounting and fintech world
the importance of dress and professionalism for leaders wanting to set the right example
the need for young or new leaders to revisit their management books to get the basics right with vision and communication
why ongoing skills development is vital for today’s leaders to stay relevant and impactful with their people
shout out to ProNation, a new accounting community featuring Carl Reader, Lucy Cohen and Will Farnell
5 great shows in the Accounting Influencers Podcast Network:
Success in Accounting
– MONDAYS. Our flagship main show features panels, live interviews and replays of our most popular shows.
Insights in Accounting
– TUESDAYS. The best news, analysis, commercial awareness, news under microscope, podcast mentions and recommendations.
Influencers in Accounting
– WEDNESDAYS. Deep dive 1-1 interviews with leaders, experts, influencers from around the world.
Best Practice in Accounting
– THURSDAYS. Practice development, growth, management, consulting, examples, stories and practical here’s what works stuff for accountants, bookkeepers and the fintech/software people who serve them.
– FRIDAYS. A UK focused show featuring UK related topics, news items, events and interviews.
All on your preferred podcast app, platform or channel. Thanks for subscribing, sharing and listening!
Main show website. For access to every single show with full shownotes:
For announcements of published shows, tagging guest so you can build your network and offer feedback on the show:
For videos of all podcast interviews and bonus video content: https://bit.ly/AI-youtube