Rob Brown is a former high school maths teacher and now founder of the Business Development Academy, which trains busy accountants and similar service professionals to be confident, effective work winners. He speaks internationally on growth, succession, trust, likeability, reputation, collaboration, mental resilience and sales for professional firms and networks.
He is also in demand as an online an and in person chair, moderator, interviewer, MC and event host for conferences and virtual events internationally. Rob is the bestselling author of Build Your Reputation (Wiley) and his TED talk ‘The Personal Brand of You’ has been viewed 250K times on Youtube.
He hosts the popular weekly Accounting Influencers podcast that interviews a range of influencers, vendors and experts who serve the accounting community to ask what makes the good firms and accountants great. Selected shownotes:
- The importance of learning new skills to come out of covid better, faster and stronger
- Why children learn new skills more quickly than adults
- How skills are different to knowledge and how they enhance your career and self-satisfaction
- Reasons why adults struggle to learn new skills
- Why personal growth and non-business related skills are good to develop and not just professional skills
- Examples of professional and personal skills you could learn to make you better
- The power of learning new skills with other people vz doing it alone
- Launching of the 90 Day Pipeline coaching for accountants to generate £100K of new business opportunities
- Announcing an episode of accounting Influencers every month interviewing leaders in large or innovative accounting firms, global networks or alliances.
To have a conversation with Rob, contact him here: